Malioboro is the most famous street in Jogjakarta. Packed with shops selling antiques and street vendors offering souvenirs with affordable prices, people will find something interesting on this road.
If you need a batik, Jogja is the perfect place to shop. From dresses, formal batik shirt for men. Batik can also be made into bags, tablecloths, sheets, pillow covers, curtains, and much more.
There also Bering Harjo market where you can find similar products at lower prices. Malioboro is located in the heart of Yogyakarta city. So places like Kraton or Taman Sari, which is within close walking distance.
Stalls and shops lined the streets of this Malioboro. You do not need to drive if to look around. There are so many things to choose from, you may have to return the next day.
If you plan to spend the night in Malioboro, you can stay at hotels and inns with various prices located on this road. Services ranging from bed and breakfast hotel. Two of the most luxurious hotel located in Malioboro.
At night, merchant tents serving various types of food. You need to sit cross-legged at the tents, called “lesehan”. Enjoy eating at Malioboro night while watching life. This is an experience that will not be forgotten.
- Gudeg, jackfruit curry, chicken and eggs served with rice, and is a local dish of the most famous.
- Langgi Rice (Nasi Langgi), warm rice served with various side dishes.
- Kipo, bite size snacks made of green colored tapioca dough filled with sweetened grated coconut. This dish can be found in Kotagede.
- Misbegotten Tempe, sandwiches and sweet rice cakes bencake. Can be found on the Ground.
- There are so many batik merchandise now, mainly because of batik has been officially declared as a heritage by the UNESCO National Indonesia (on October 2, 2009). There batik cloth, clothing (and even batik tie), Paintings, tablecloths, and so on.
- Jeweleries silver and silver plated items can be found in Malioboro. Although you may want to wonder at the Kotagede, where the center was a silver workshop.
- Products made from wood, metal, plastic. They are made into jewelry, bags, key chains, and much more.