Gedung Joang 45 Museum
Gedung Joang 45 is one of the museums in Jakarta. Currently management conducted by the Department of Tourism and Culture, Jakarta Province. The museum is located at Jalan Menteng 31, Kebon Sirih, Menteng, Jakarta. The museum was inaugurated in 1974 by President Soeharto, after the renovation.
History of Buildings
- The period of Dutch occupation
Building that was built around 1920′s that is currently used as a museum Joang 45 at the beginning was the family-run hotel “LC Schomper “, a Dutch national who has been living in Batavia. The hotel was named Schomper by name owner. The hotel was quite good and includes a well-known in the South suburb of Batavia, with the main building that stands majestically in the middle and flanked by a row of buildings inn rooms on the left and right for overnight guests.
The remaining accommodation room building is currently living in some northern side of the main building, currently used as a library, space creativity of children (children room) and Panca Chess Wirawati office.
- The Japanese Occupation
When the Japanese go to Indonesia (1942-1945) and the control of Batavia, the hotel was taken over by the youth of Indonesia and the switch functions as a managed office Ganseikanbu Sendenbu (Japanese Propaganda Bureau) headed by a Japanese, “Simizu”. In this office then held political education program that began in 1942 to educate the youths Indonesia and funded entirely by the Japanese government.
This can be seen in the museum traces the struggle of independence of Indonesia with a collection of heritage objects fighters Indonesia. Among these are the official car of the official President and First Vice President who is known by car REP 1 and REP 2, and the car bombing incident in Cikini. There are also collections of documentation photographs and paintings depicting the struggle around the year 1945-1950′s. Some of the figures shown are in a struggle statues chest.
The facilities available to visitors is the Museum Joang ’45
- Permanent and Temporary exhibition space with a corner multi media, Joang 45 cinemas, Studio aired documentaries and movies long struggle.
- Reference library of scientific history, comes the comic struggle to read the child, Childrenroom, a special room for the creativity of children equipped computer game hero, coloring, puzzles, and games knock-down
- Photo Studio, providing the fighters to wear costumes visitors and instant photos.
- Souvenir Shop
- Plaza Theatre for Children in the form of outdoor activity.
Jalan Menteng Raya 31
Kebon Sirih, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat
Tel. (021) 390-9148, Fax (021) 392-3185