Apples are grown in this part of the world, indeed. To be more precise, they are grown in East Java in the mountain region of Malang and Batu. The first apple tree sprouted up decades ago when a Dutchman with a green thumb tried to grow a four-season plant in a wholly different climate and on different soil too. Malang see-me to have the right temperature for apple growing. Situated on a level of 700-800 meter above sea surface, the first trees were doing surprisingly well despite the tropical climate. There was a large difference though between the European apple and his Malang grown sister, which became all too apparent when the first fruits were reaped. The apples were reportedly too sour for consumption. For a while people in Malang regarded the apple tree as a decorative shrub to have in the garden. The fruits went to waste usually as they were soon declared as quite inedible fruit. In several instances reports repeated that apple trees in other parts of the region were not even bearing fruits at all.
Duration : 3D/2N
Day 01 ARRIVAL SURABAYA
- Arrival at Surabaya International Airport
- Meet and greeting service
- Sightseeing transfer to Batu
- It takes around three hour drive.
- Overnight at Hotel in BATU – MOUNTAIN RANGE.
Day 02 MALANG – BROMO (B)
- Agrotourism tour to Apple plantation
- Pick the apple from the field with farmers
- Visit Selecta Park
- Then drive to Bromo via Probolinggo
- Overnight at Hotel in Mount BROMO.
Day 03 BROMO SUN RISE – DEPARTURE (B)
- 03.30 Jeep Adventure to Pananjakan for Sun Rise
- Cross sand sea by JEEP to Bromo Volcano
- Trekking Bromo
- You may take horse for fun.
- Drive back to the hotel
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Rest of the time is free at own leisure until departure transfer to Surabaya Airport.
Price includes: Accommodation sharing twin at hotel in similar class, private air conditioned transportation, English speaking guide, JEEP for BROMO ADVENTURE, entrance fee, donations, parking, breakfast and tax.