Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 meters it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
Mount Bromo sits in the middle of a vast plain called the Sand Sea (Indonesian: Lautan Pasir), a protected nature reserve since 1919. The typical way to visit Mount Bromo is from the nearby mountain village of Cemoro Lawang. From there it is possible to walk to the volcano in about 45 minutes, but it is also possible to take an organised jeep tour, which includes a stop at the viewpoint on Mount Penanjakan (2,270 meters) (Indonesian: Gunung Penanjakan). The best views from Mount Bromo to the Sand Sea below and the surrounding volcanoes are at sunrise. The viewpoint on Mount Penanjakan can also be reached on foot in about two hours. From inside the caldera, Sulfur is collected by workers.
Duration : 2D/1N
- Arrival at Surabaya International Airport
- Meet and greeting service
- Sightseeing transfer to Mount Bromo
- It takes around three hour drive.
- Overnight at Hotel in Mount BROMO.
Day 02 BROMO SUN RISE – DEPARTURE (B)
- 03.30 Jeep Adventure to Pananjakan for Sun Rise
- Cross sand sea by JEEP to Bromo Volcano
- Trekking Bromo
- You may take horse for fun.
- Drive back to the hotel
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Rest of the time is free at own leisure until departure transfer to Surabaya Airport.